El Mocambo Tavern, Toronto Wall Art
Note: This product usually ships within 3 – 7 days.
The Facts: The El Mocambo was opened as a music venue in 1850. The building was first used as a haven for escaped slaves. The name and famous El Mocambo palm tree sign were constructed in 1946. It was one of the first establishments in Toronto to obtain a liquor licence. Musical acts appeared on separate stages located on the main and second floor of the building.
The News: Recently, the iconic El Mocambo was for sale and it seemed as though another famous landmark establishment on the Toronto scene was gong to vanish until the last minute bid by Canadian entrepreneur Michael Werkele not only rescued the El Mo but promised to restore it to the glory days of past years!
Crightonism: About the second time I saw a musical performance at the "Elmo" it was a good one- March 1977 the band was the Rolling Stones. I won two tickets on CHUM FM Radio. I did this drawing shortly thereafter and returned to the club many times bringing a print to give to the performer with their name added to the marquee.
WHAT ARE YOU BUYING?: Our F.A.Q. Section has images of the matted and framed Art Print and Ready to Hang Canvas Floating Frame. For now, we have one photograph of a Standard Size Ready To Hang Floating Frame Horizontal print of a Neighbourhood.
For shipping and other information please visit our F.A.Q. Page
Please share your comments below the product for others to read.
Giclee Art Prints
- Smooth 100% cotton acid-free paper for a long print life.
- Heavy weight - 310 gsm.
- Silky smooth, matte white surface for high contrast images and accurate colours.
- Ready to hang
- Gallery quality, fully customizable print displays with a 100% quality and colour assurance guarantee.
- Our canvas will not fade or alter your image over time.
- Images and art reproductions are printed on 450 gsm heavy weight satin canvas cloth.
- Each canvas print is hand stretched onto the finest Canadian kiln dried solid wood frame.
- All canvas prints 30’’ or larger are fitted with a back-stretcher bar for additional support to avoid future sagging.
Canvas Wraps and Framed Art Prints are quoted separately. Please e-mail Pam@davidcrighton.com.
Our F.A.Q.; Section has images of the matted and framed canvas wall art which is “ready to hang”. For shipping and other information please visit our F.A.Q. page